On July 14, 2014, Wordlogic Corporation (the Company) along with its wholly owned subsidiary 602531 British Columbia Ltd., filed a Complaint for Patent Infringement in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington at Seattle against Touchtype Limited doing business as SwiftKey (SwiftKey). The action arises out of the activities of defendant SwiftKey, relating to the making, selling, offering for sale, licensing, and/or using of predictive text technology for computer devices in the United States that constitutes direct or indirect infringement of one or more claims of the Companys United States Patent #8,552,984 entitled "Method, System, Apparatus and Computer-Readable Media For Directing Input Associated with Keyboard-Type Device".
The Company is seeking the following:
(1) to have the court order that SwiftKey and all related parties be preliminarily and permanently enjoined from further infringement of the Companys patent;
(2) that SwiftKey be ordered to account for and pay the Company actual and exemplary damages to compensate the Company for SwiftKey's acts of infringement, but in, any event, no less than a reasonable royalty;
(3) that the Court find that the SwiftKey willfully infringed the Companys Patent;
(4) that the Court award treble damages for willful infringement; and
(5) costs and reasonable attorneys fees as well as other and further relief as it may deem just and proper.